Monday, March 19, 2007

The Beginning...

This is my first post EVER and I am new to this whole blogging thing. Sure, i have/had all the "fad" web pages (xanga, myspace, facebook) but I'm a first time blogger today!

Not to sound weird or anything but, the past couple of weeks I have been reading and searching the web for Diabetes Blogs and found them quite intriguing. Its nice to read and learn about other peoples' everyday experiences with their Diabetes and see what they do in different situations that they are faced with! It gives me a sense of comfort knowing and reassuring myself that there are a lot of people "just like me" in this world and we are all in it together. That is why I am starting this blog; in hopes of sharing my dlife with others, communicating with them and to maybe even give comfort to someone else searching the web just like I did!
Anyways...to kick off this blog i just want to say a few words. First off, If you haven't already noticed this is a blog about me, my life, and living with Type 1 Diabetes and if your not interested in any of those subjects, I think it would be safe to say; you are in the wrong place!! haha. Also, a little background info on me, I was Diagnosed in November 2003 when I was 12 years old turning 13 in one week, I enjoy talking about diabetes and this is my chance to really get all my feelings, thoughts, and experiences down on paper and out to others! Sure, I have kids in my school with diabetes, but not all of them like to talk about it. I try to talk to them, yet some just don't feel comfortable expressing their situation for some reason, or maybe they are just insecure about the hole idea of having Diabetes. Whatever it may be, I'm not sure , but this is how i will get to share and learn with others who are willing to talk!
This is the beginning of my togetherness with other diabetics and I am pumped (haha) and excited for this new Online Communication experience!!!











7 comments:

Shannon said...

Hi Jenna,

I saw your comment on Kerri's d-blog and thought I'd stop by and welcome you!

I'm one of the parents on the DOC (diabetes online community). My son, Brendon, is has Type 1 and is on the pump.

Kerri is one of my favorite bloggers, so I'm happy you found her.

Take care,
Shannon

George said...

Hey Jenna!

I too saw your comment on Kerri's blog and thought I would say hi so...

HI!

Anyhow, I have added you to my blogroll and look forward to reading your posts. I love the OC and I am sure you will too! They are a great bunch of people who all support one another. I do not know how i ever did it alone!

Anyhow, take care!

BTW i am a Type 1 also. :)

Laura said...

Like everyone else I found your link on Kerri's. I was dx'd in Feb 1995 when I was 12 and Started on the Minimed 508 in Feb 2002. and also live in Pennsylvania

Kris said...

Hi Jenna! I followed your link from Kerri's blog as well. I just wanted to welcome you.

I am a mom of a 6 (almost 7) year old Type 1 Diabetic. She started pumping about 3 months ago and it has been great! You can follow my link to visit her blog if you'd like. I will also add your link to her blog if you don't mind.

Hope to read more posts from you soon! Take care!

Jenna said...

Thank you so much to shannon, george, Laura, and Kris...so far...for finding me and welcoming me to the blogging world! i really appriciate it!

Can't wait to read more of everyone's blog posts..!

Take care!

Kate said...

Hey Jenna,
Welcome to the joys of blogging and our wonderful online community! I too started blogging after I found other people's blogs. I've had Type 1 diabetes since I was 10 months old.

Penny Ratzlaff said...

Just wanted to say hi.

I have a four year old with D.

I am enjoying reading about D from a teenagers perspective, since my son will be a teenager one day.

Welcome to the D blog community!!